Don't ya'll hate having a cold in the summer? A cold isn't my idea of fun at ANY time of the year, but in the summer? Gimme a break, here, Mr. Germ.
Stuffy nose + 100 degrees outside? No breathin' going on here.
Despite my youthful wildness (and there was plenty of it), I can say with sincerity that I've never had a hangover.
Until yesterday.
No, my husband's absence didn't drive me to the tequila bottle (yet).
This girl took herself some NyQuil.
Good Lord.
There ought to be awards for just getting that stuff down.
And the next morning?
I felt like I'd been run over by a truck.
My mouth was dry, my eyes wouldn't focus, my feet were heavy, and it took a lot of coffee to get me feeling somewhat normal.
Good thing I'm not a heavy drinker.
It's also a good thing the boy and I had the Discovery Channel to amuse us this week.
For those of you land-lubbers out there... it's been Shark Week.
Our most favorite TV week of the year.
We learn a LOT and get creeped-out even more.
And we vow,
"We're never going back in the ocean again!"
(Until the next time we go to the beach.)
We do love us some Shark Week.
What an amazing planet this truly is.
I just wouldn't recommend watching ocean creatures eat people while hyped up on NyQuil.
2 comments:
I love NyQuil!! I love being completely knocked out when I would otherwise be wide awake moaning in bed about how awful I feel.
Yay for shark week! Sounds like fun.
I am sorry you are sick - sent prayers up for a speedy recovery. I am not much of a drinker either for the same reasons. I feel it WAY easily. I don't take medication well because it stays with me for so long (24 hours to get a Benadryl out of my system).
The good news is the two of us will never be addicted. OR if we do decide to be addicts, it will be on the cheap. Woo Hoo!
Have a great weekend Autumn. School starts for your son next week, right? Best wishes for an awesome first day!
Post a Comment