I'm spent. Done.
We're back home after an extra long weekend at my parents' house, and you all know how much I love getting back to reality.
I had myself an excellent time at the reunion. It was amazing to see how GREAT everyone looked. And how we all turned into relatively normal adults. We laughed and talked and laughed and talked and no one broke a hip... we partied like it was 1989.
Except with mortgages and minivans and less hair on the dudes. And way less hair on us gals. We spent part of the evening wondering just why... back in the day... we felt it necessary to poof our hair up into the stratosphere. The hair was B I G, folks. Big. Huge.
Thank you, Lord, for some changes.
And thank you, Lord, for friends. Even after all these years, it felt like only yesterday that we were all 18. I went to school with these people from Kindergarten to Senior Year. They were like my family. And it feels like they still are.
The boy had himself a mighty fine weekend as well. He tromped around the farm behind my dad. He spent 3 whole days shooting at things, poking dead things with sticks, eating greasy hot dogs, eating an entire bag of Chick-o-Sticks, and riding his 4 wheeler. While I was at my reunion, he and his grandparents ordered pizza and rented a movie. Ahhhh... to be 10 again.
Or, 18.
1 comment:
you look beautiful!!!!!
Post a Comment